Official Discussion Thread About Chats Feature +WatchReplies: 185 / 10 years ago
: Undefined array key "_uid" in /var/www/html/nrp/r.php
on line 204
New Chat Features
(http://rp.eliteskills.com/r.php?r=55685 See new features here).
- Why Chats?
- There has been 5.5 million messages made on ES threads, and over 1 million PMs, (b all of which get stored in the database forever and ever and ever) unless you delete them. ES is setup in a way to be as interactive as possible, but as a consequence many people have used it to chat instead of roleplay. Forums store every single message made and are not designed to be used like chats, it takes too much disk space storing all those messages. These realtime chats let you OOC and Chat without refreshing the page constantly for updates. Only the last 18 messages are stored for each chat.
- It keeps getting disconnected
- You cannot join more than 1 chat at once. This is to prevent people having like 50 windows open and eating bandwidth. Some kind of multiple room search and join might come in the future at some point.
- I'm on my cell/school/work computer and I can't use the flash chat
- Get back to work.
- Will there be a way to lurk anonymously
- Probably in the near future to very soon.
- Will we be able to moderate chats we own
- Probably soonish, as well as limiting who joins protected chats.
The commands are a lie.
Chat formatting that works
Chat supports limited ES formatting and only those commands which use parenthesis.
|size10||Font size 10|
- Honoring protected chats.
- Count how many users online at once.
- System messages to all users.
- Message of the day.
- More commands with spiffy features.
- Counting all posts made.
- Multiple chats at same time in same window
- Realtime updates for posts and PMs (harder for posts).
- Thread owner can kick
- Ignore feature
- Option for sound
- option for sound when someone says your name or certain phrase